Excellence in Simulation in Nursing and Healthcare Environments
Keynote and Workshop Speakers: Dr. Pamela Jeffries and Dr. Kristina Thomas Dreifuerst with additional presentations to jazz up your teaching!
This event offers
4.5 contact hours
Accredited by Wisconsin Nurses Association (ability to earn additional CEUs from ON DEMAND viewing).
Make plans to attend or view this conference! Not just a VIRTUAL CONFERENCE,
BUT AN INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE.
"Excellence in Simulation in Academic and Healthcare Environments"
VIRTUAL and LIVE: November 7, 2020 8 AM - 4 PM
Event will be RECORDED and available ON-DEMAND for purchase and viewing until February 1, 2021.
Keynote Speakers and Workshop Presenters:
Pamela Jeffries, PhD, RN, FAAN, ANEF, FSSH, and
Kristina Thomas Dreifuerst, PhD, RN, CNE, ANEF,
- Dr. Cynthia Sherraden Bradley “INACSL Standards – How Can We Implement the Standards in My Setting”
- Dr. Kris Dreifuerst “The Central Elements of Debriefing are Feedback and Reflection but What Does that Mean for Nursing Education?”
- Dr. Pam Jeffries "State of the Science in Simulations: Innovating for High Quality Patient Care"
- Kim Ernstmeyer and Open Access RN Team “Open Resources for Nursing and Virtual Simulation”. **The Open Access RN materials will be available on the conference website.
- Dr. Gerry Altmiller “Teaching Quality and Safety: Learning that Supports Practice Readiness”
Nationally acclaimed motivational speaker Mr. Kent Julian opens the conference with a fast-paced 20-minute session guaranteed to get you excited about being involved in healthcare at this unprecedented time!
CEUs offered: 4.5 contact hours from LIVE session with the ability to earn additional CEU credit from ON DEMAND viewing
- Conference Tickets: $150 for WLN members, $200 general registration, $200 registration includes a one-year membership to the WLN, $150 student, and $150 NLN Constituent League special member rate.
- Poster Presentations: At least one poster presentor from the group must purchase a Conference Ticket PLUS one of the following poster presentation options: $0 poster presentation slide (link on conference website) or $75 poster presentation with 3-minute pre-recorded video presentation.
Participants will receive an individual login link to gain full ON-DEMAND access to the conference website available one week prior to the conference through February 1, 2021.
Participants must complete a conference evaluation in order to receive continuing education credits. Instructions to follow.
There are no conflicts of interest on the part of any planner or presenter of this educational activity.
Wisconsin League for Nursing 2020 Virtual and LIVE Fall Conference: Celebrating "The Year of the Nurse"
Saturday, November 7, 2020
Pamela Jeffries, PhD, RN, FAAN, ANEF, FSSH Kristina Thomas Dreifuerst, PhD, RN, CNE, ANEF, FAAN Kim Ernstmeyer, MSN, RN, CNE, APNP-BC, CHSE Cynthia Sherradon Bradley, PhD, RN, CNE, CHSE Gerry Altmiller, EdD, ACRN, ACNS-BC, ANEF, FAAN
6.0 CE Credits
Theme of the conference is "Excellence in Simulation in Nursing and Healthcare Environments" with renowned international and national speakers Pamela Jeffries, Kristina Dreifuerst, Gerry Altmiller, Kim Ernstmeyer, Cynthia Bradley, Kent Julian
Conference sessions and workshops present information on a variety of topics relevant to simulation -- both high tech and low fidelity using simulation for enhanced student learning and ongoing professional development
Debriefing best practices offered through several sessions
Presentation of Open Access RN resources for nursing and virtual simulation
Teaching Strategies for Engaging Students in Virtual Environments: Learning that Supports Practice Readiness
INACSL Standards - How Can We Implement the Standards in My Setting
Registered participants will have conference website access to sponsors prior to the conference, including teaching resource links for use with virtual learning
Conference website will remain open for return visits on-demand viewing of all sessions recorded from the conference, plus all sponsor links, until February 1, 2021
Vendors & Sponsors
Thank you for your interest in supporting the WLN and promoting your instution or company's services, products, and information.
We are certain to draw a large crowd of nurse educators and interested persons in advancing nursing education and professional development.
Registration for event sponsors is available within the event registration materials.
Please contact me through our WLN email at email@example.com or feel free to contact me directly at 262-389-7782.
We look forward to seeing you VIRTUALLY in November!
Marijo Rommelfaenger, PhD RN CNE
WLN President - Elect and Director for Marketing and Programs